Thank you to everyone who has planted and recorded their trees. Keep planting and help make Ontario greener and healthier!
Welcome to the Green Leaf Challenge
The Ontario Government and Forests Ontario are inviting Ontarians to celebrate Ontario’s 150th birthday by taking part in the Green Leaf Challenge (GLC) and helping us to plant 3 million trees across the province.
You can take part in the GLC by adding your planted trees to our online counter, which will map and track the trees. You can also take part by joining Forests Ontario and our planting partners or through other planting initiatives in your community across the province.
Trees are among our province’s most powerful and enduring symbols.
Throughout the year, we’ll be tracking Ontario’s most enthusiastic planters in the five categories below. If you want to be on the leaderboard, make sure you submit your trees to our online counter!
- BrightKnot 11,000
- Dave and Dee 8,412
- Dr Rae 761
- Cox 500
- Heather MacDonald 293
- Kettle Creek Conservation Authority 36,600
- County of Renfrew 30,180
- Conservation Halton 27,316
- Upper Thames River Conservation Authority 26,320
- LPRCA 20,725
- City of Greater Sudbury Regreening Program 104,804
- County of Simcoe 81,000
- TRCA 54,407
- CVC 38,967
- RVCA 30,702
- Lower Thames Valley Conservation Authority 63,915
- Forest Recovery Canada 23,570
- Eccles Forestry Ltd. 8,480
- Township of Blandford-Blenheim 2,210
- Township of Otonabee-South Monaghan 859
- County of Brant 1,370
- Room 11 Grade 5 Rosedale 120
- Grade 5 east Mersea 80
The community that plants together, grows together!
Community Tree Planting – Val Rita Harty
September 2 to September 9
Volunteers will be planting 50 trees to commemorate the community‘s roots and along with Canada‘ 150th anniversary.
- Val Rita Harty
- 705 335 6146
Connect with tree planting resources in your local community and across Ontario.